1981 srx 440

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
chrisrider63

1981 srx 440

Post by chrisrider63 »

Hey guys wanted to compile a list to gather put your info in and ill make a file for checklist of mods for th 81 srx. For instance im putting in the original oem
no rev limit cdi and stator. Welding the crank and straightening it, oem pistons and also i had apifny or sorts...Would cleaning up the transfer ports on the 81 srx cylinders straighten out the tunning problems of the 81 srx and would using 44 mikuni carbs help the low end bogg as ive read from documents would this be a trail riding set up ass well as a race set up?? Im going to use the old skid for less weight and have a nice light yamaha studded track for the giant slayer. Some said to run the vmax set up in the clutch but that would have it engage around 3,600 I want it to engage around 4,500rpm plus. Also would anyone have the specs for the high altitude high compression head?? Thats also going to be in the works, or i can run the stock head and run regular gas would have to keep an eye on the plugs.