oil pump

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
yammihammer

oil pump

Post by yammihammer »

I fired the vmax today did a fresh top end. It started up good runs fine. My problem is i cant get it to pump oil. Put new lines on everything,fuel oil. Does the pump need to be bled? If so where there is a screw on the right side of the pump does that bleed it or how do i go about it. With it being a fresh top end i mixed oil and gas so its gettin oil. Just dont want to run it anymore then ness. till get it figured out thank you.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

they there is a screw on the oil pump that bleeds the air out... shouldnt take too much to bleed the air... maybe 10 good pulls of the rope... then when you fire it up you can pull the oil cable out ( at the oil adjustment sheeve ) and make it pump the oil full blast till it filles the lines.... i also did this to get extra oil in my bottom end before i let it sit all summer.... not sure if it really did much but its good in theory.....
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com