hydraulic brakes on a v max

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
sxr1000

hydraulic brakes on a v max

Post by sxr1000 »

Here is my completed brake conversion,I used a 97-02 yamaha master cylinder and caliper,the master cylinder bolts right on and the wires plug right in,super easy,the caliper was a little harder to do, I made an adapter bracket from 3/8x 2 inch flat stock and you have to reverse the caliper, meaning what was the inside of the caliper is now the outside,there are a couple little tabs the need cut off or it will hit the gas tank,I used washers between the caliper and bracket just for adjustability,I had to modify the chaincase a little bit ,see pic,dont get crazy here just remove what you need,I had to use a longer brake line as I have raised bars but I think the stock line will be long enough,I made a few extra brackets and a to scale drawing just pm me with any questions.

tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

awesome! i never thought of "rolling" the caliper around the back like that... seems obvious now
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
sxr1000

Post by sxr1000 »

I have three brackets left if anyone wants to do this conversion,25.00 shipped.
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Good job many have asked this question over the years ! Tyler, could you make this post into one of the Articles ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson