Vmax 540 big bore motor with serious port work!

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
Jetski_anytime

Vmax 540 big bore motor with serious port work!

Post by Jetski_anytime »

I have acquired a lot of sleds and parts recently for vmaxes. This motor was in with the parts. Complete motor, however the pistons are not useable. Damaged/burned on the ex port side. Motor tuns smoothly. Water pump seems to be in good shape. All pieces of the motor are stamped SSR-5431 and each cylinder is scribed SSR220 as well. Head has some damage on one dome as well. Pistons are 78.50 motor number is 89U-001467. I assume the work was done by Spencer Sports Racing. Bore is not chrome plated and looks like it could be honed out. Would like $700 complete plus shipping. Maybe someone on here could enlighten me with some more info about this motor! Call or text at 419-five four nine-O44O my name is Reid. I am located in Northwest Ohio. Email jetskianytime@aol.com as well.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Jetski_anytime

Re: Vmax 540 big bore motor with serious port work!

Post by Jetski_anytime »

Anybody interested in this big bore motor? Anybody able to tell us anything about it? Any offers will be considered. Thanks!
Vmax540

Re: Vmax 540 big bore motor with serious port work!

Post by Vmax540 »

Interesting, I know there were quite a few shops that did work but, I do not remember Spencer Sports Racing. search.php?keywords=big+bore

From a google search Tim Spenser 734-777-6033 ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson