early fall snowstorm

Let us know what the riding is like in the area that you ride!
Joe

early fall snowstorm

Post by Joe »

The weather station at Harts Pass reported a half inch of snow fell this morning.

NOHRSC projected about three inches on the hills north of the pass inside the Pasayten wilderness area.

National Weather Service has taken down their backcountry weather warnings.

I just thought you might like to know that the snow is not very far away.
Current sleds:
1986 Yamaha VMAX 540
1992 Yamaha Venture 480
1993 Yamaha Viking 540
1997 Polaris RMK 700
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Spent the weekend at the US Nationals in Indy, my sunburn hurts :cry:
Joe

Post by Joe »

I know what you mean. My wife is still peeling from the sunburn she got at the hydroplane races.
Current sleds:
1986 Yamaha VMAX 540
1992 Yamaha Venture 480
1993 Yamaha Viking 540
1997 Polaris RMK 700
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

holy crap... its starting to look a little like fall here but snow is still probably 2 months away.... how was the us nationals? i saw on youtube that john force got into it pretty good with cruz petragon...
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Well actually it was his brother Tony and Tony really shot his mouth off on TV, Force still don't take no crap
The races were great, they have come so far with track prep, almost all the races were good. 5 years ago you couldn't run those numbers. I've been racing since the later 60's it amazes me weather its in drag racing where you can have a basic set of rules and all these people can run within a few thousands. Even in National kart races the kids will race in a pack for 30 min at Daytona or Road America, and after 30 min, only inches seperate them.
For the biggest race in Drag racing, att. was down, so was the Manufacturer's midway, same for some of our big kart races, everybody is gettin hurt. Our club puts on the Road America race, in the past it has drawn over 1000 entries We need to clear $87,000 before we make any profit, getting very hard to do that anymore, races are starting to go away.