gas flooding

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
aaron

gas flooding

Post by aaron »

i just bought a 83 vmax can't keep from flooding engine with gas fills pipes to point i'll take of and dump out i then flip sled over and pull untill dry starts but floods out agan rebuilt fuel pumps thought it was filling bottom end thru vacum same deal cheaked floats /neaddles and seats any suggestions thanks Aaron
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

only time ive ever had this happen its been a stuck float..... maybe its not the needle and seat but the actual float..... no cracks in it or anything out of the ordinary like that? this post should have been under the garage btw but thats alright
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Nye Racing #13

Flooding

Post by Nye Racing #13 »

:lol: Hi how did you check your floats? My 84 did the same thing when I first got it! Take two coffee cans fill them with gas put floats in and let them sit over night. The next mourning my right one was still on top ,and my left one was on bottom of can. problem fixed hope this helps Nye Racing #13
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i would think that if you held them under water that would speed up the process... you may even be able to see bubbles from where it is leaking... (if thats the case) and then a little super glue would fix the problem
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Nye Racing #13

Post by Nye Racing #13 »

:?: No the idea is too make sure they don't sink! you want them to stay on top! This means that your floats are good.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i understand that i was just thinking if you held them underwater with your hands, they would fill with water faster and you wouldnt have to wait all night... you know like hold them under for a minute and then let go... see if they come back to the top