Added "add a picture"

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
vintagevmax
Site Admin

Added "add a picture"

Post by vintagevmax »

alright i have the button back where you can add a picture via postimage.org..... i prefer you guys use it instead of the attachement button... because the "add a picture" button saves them on a different server and the attachment link saves them on my server which takes up space hahaha

Speednutt

Re: Added "add a picture"

Post by Speednutt »

Who do you use for hosting? you should be able to host locally for years and never run into trouble. When you host off site, you are subjecting to their terms and conditions and even there up time. I think most everyone would just upload here and be done with it. I wouldnt post if i didnt know any better.

At bluehost, it would take several hundred thousand photos to even put a dent in the provided service for my accound at excitersx.com . Hope you dont have a cheap provider that charges you extra for every gig of storage you consume. if you do, it is time to change providers now. I pay $6.95 per month and i have these limits:

Unlimited Domain Hosting
Unlimited GB Hosting Space
Unlimited GB File Transfer
Unlimited E-mail Accounts

All for $6.95 per month. Check them out at http://www.bluehost.com , you might be suprised what you get for very little money.
(2) - 87 Vmax 540
(2) - 93 Exciter SX 570
Snowmobile Toolbar
www.excitersx.com
www.racenssr.com
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

hmmmm this site is hosted by floogy.com which is mainly out of the UK i believe.. i have always been impressed with thier uptime and support... plus now they are running a plesk web management system which installs all kinds of things (like this forum) for me with the click of a button...

this is what my control panel looks like and i love it... at the bottom is what i get for $4.95 a month and free domain every year
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Speednutt

Post by Speednutt »

Check out the Bluehost control panel. 1st rate bar none. Try Bluehost Control Panel

I think you should check out bluehost. It is hosted in Idaho. They have the best customer service bar none. When you call them, you get a tech, not a customer rep that dont know anything, plus they have the best back up servers that i have seen.

Bluehost also has all the features (auto install forums) and even more than what you get now, yes you would be suprised. You get free domain registation with the parent account and additional domains only cost $10 per year and are hosted for free under the parent account. i have 22 domains under my main account.

I have been down the road that you have been, i can see it to a tee. Just trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes that i have made. Hope you dont think i am trying to steal your thunder as that is not my intention.

Nate
(2) - 87 Vmax 540
(2) - 93 Exciter SX 570
Snowmobile Toolbar
www.excitersx.com
www.racenssr.com
Speednutt

Post by Speednutt »

i see why you dont want pics on your server, you only have 700MB of storage. With Bluehost it is UNLIMITED storage.

Nate
(2) - 87 Vmax 540
(2) - 93 Exciter SX 570
Snowmobile Toolbar
www.excitersx.com
www.racenssr.com
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

hmmm yeah i was just checking your provider out... it seems pretty nice too... the next site i do i might just host with them... ive been with floogy since the creation of vintagevmax.com about 9 years ago... i didnt see where you could install phpbb with a couple clicks but ill take your word for it... your not stealing my thunder by any means... i have looked into switching before but there are sooo many catches out there i got tired of sifting through all the BS to find something better... i rarely call tech support lines, instead i generally email them... back in the day when i decided to go with floogy they were the "best" no i think you might be right... but on the same hand i have never came close to any of my limits with them and im saving a whooping $2 a month hahaha

like i said the next website i do ill host with your guys and try it out...

ps... yeah your right with the 700mb and honestly that plan has changed since i signed on... now you dont get that much for that same money but im grandfathered in forever... and your right i shouldnt rely on postimage.org being around forever but they seem really stable

pss if i cleaned out alot of my "test sites" i have hidden on the vintagevmax domain i wouldnt be using nearly the 400mb it says im up to now
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

pm'ed you dont know if your getting messages on the bb from here or not hahaha

Speednutt

Post by Speednutt »

responded to your pm.
(2) - 87 Vmax 540
(2) - 93 Exciter SX 570
Snowmobile Toolbar
www.excitersx.com
www.racenssr.com