YAMAHA COMET VMAX CLUTCH PULLER. 3:16

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

YAMAHA COMET VMAX CLUTCH PULLER. 3:16

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

ANYBODY HERE HAVE EXTRA THAT WILL REMOVE YAMAHA COMET FROM 83 VMAX. NEED ONE. CONTACT ME HERE OR ramsr1@aol.com 3:16 (yammie tony)
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Heres a cool link, thanks to the SRV site, http://www.snowmobileclutchpullers.com/

Figure out what size you should need, I then went to a good hardware store and bought bolts grade 8 and used a piece of solid steel tubing alto a cut of bolt ( remove the head) of the right dia, to fit down inside and take up the space between the big bolt and the crank. Be sure to use a spacer bolt that is either large enough or use a strong washer to protect the internal threads in the crank

HARD TO BELIEVE NOBODY HERE HAS A CLUTCH PULLER FOR A 540 VMAX THEY CAN SELL. 3:16 (yammie tony)
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

haha hard to believe the yammie god doesnt have one himself haha.... i think the deal is everybody has one but only one.... we are also not to busy over here yet... its warming up tho... honestly at the "vintage vmax garage" we used a bolt and some other piece of solid stock for awhile.. then we came across a puller that was actually for something else (i think) but works.... im going to send you a PM on another subject, check it...
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com

GOOD POINT TYLER ABOUT ME NOT HAVEING A PULLER. ONE PROBLEM, BETWEEN MARK AND I WE TRYED SEVEN PULLERS SO YOUR RIGHT hahaha. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

My problem is whenever I see a good deal on a Comet I buy ,almost every sled has one, I never know what they came off of, change arms and springs till I get what I want, and just keep tryin different pullers till one fits. I might have one of a Yammi, but its probably on a Skidoo or A/C, the one on my SRV says John Deare :roll:
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Tony ..The Yamaha Comet clutch took a special puller that was made to Yamaha specifications, it has a 16 mm x1.5 mm tread on it and is 7 inches long . You can still get them from the aftermarket ,Recreational leisure sells them the part # is CP2212-WCO1711 and the web site is http://www.recleisure.com if you need one I will be glad to let you use the one I have but I don't want to sell it ,I will mail it down to you and when you are done with it just mail it back up to me.
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440

JEFF, THAT PULLER BEEN DISCONTINUED FROM COMET, YAMAHA, AND THE PLACE ABOVE. THANK YOU FOR OFFER, I THINK I AM OK FOR NOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

i got one last year for my 83 has a 108 on it from parts unlimited they might still be available.
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

vmax-540 wrote:Tony ..The Yamaha Comet clutch took a special puller that was made to Yamaha specifications, it has a 16 mm x1.5 mm tread on it and is 7 inches long . You can still get them from the aftermarket ,Recreational leisure sells them the part # is CP2212-WCO1711 and the web site is http://www.recleisure.com if you need one I will be glad to let you use the one I have but I don't want to sell it ,I will mail it down to you and when you are done with it just mail it back up to me.
jeff is that the thread spec for the 108 or the 102 ?
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

That was for the original 102c that came from Yamaha ..
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
chrisrider63

hi

Post by chrisrider63 »

I can make pullers on my lathe...
chrisrider63

hi

Post by chrisrider63 »

I can make pullers on my lathe... Ill make one for my 102 and make you a copy
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

I was gonna make a temporary puller like bob and found that the 102 on my81 did not have the 16 mm 1.5 mm threads it turned out to be an 18 mm 1.5 thread the puller i bought is a 16 wich should work on my 83 wich has a comet 108 . however upon trying to remove my clutch the threads got got messed up and now i cant get my clutch off to remove the engine so i can change my gearcase seal. :evil: im open to any suggestions on this project im gonna try an locate a 18mm tap and chase the threads but after that im not sure . i did not use an impact to try and remove the clutch . and wonder if i should try that or will it ruin the threads more than what i did by hand. i gotta get this motor out to change that seal. im thinking the crankshaft through the frame wasnt a brilliiant idea. reminds me of the invader i had years ago.!@#%#^&$^%^^^%& :x
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

forgot to add the part # on my clutch is the correct clutch for the 81 srx.