A Huge Score

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
velocity

A Huge Score

Post by velocity »

Hi Folks, I have been away for a while, but have still been finishing up my complete 86 resto. It's coming along very well; I just need to put it back together. I always look for parts sleds or deals. Last night I picked up a mint condition 87 V-Max with under 2k miles. It has been sitiing in heated storage for 15 years. This thing is mint. Compression is good, no spark, and something is bound up in the drive train but I will figure it all out. This sled came with the matching leather suit, manual, papers etc... It's all there, even the gas shut off is free moving. The price......$550.00

Hey Chuck.. you still alive?? I sent you an e-mail....

agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

nice find that i think is the best looking vmax of all the models
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

thats is absolute robbery!! how can you sleep at night?!?!!? hahahah good find for sure
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
markxx800

Post by markxx800 »

Velocity, Congratulations on you buy!. I called that guy Thursday the 27th., 1/2 hour after it went up on craigslist. and left a message. He called me at 7.45am the next morning(Friday the 28th) and I made the deal on the sled for 500.00. He said fine, he'd consider it sold and hold it for me. I sent a 250.00 deposit out that day and told him I'd mail the balance out Monday/Tuesday. and pick the sled up in the next 1- 2weeks. I called him Monday to tell him The balance would go out Wednesday/Thursday that week. He said he got the Deposit Monday. He told me he would go to his brothers Wednesday and get the sled out of storage.
Thursday am I get a call from him telling me that mice had got in it and and chewed the harness and distroyed the motor,the "Sled was Junk"
I see you posted at 12:03pm , Friday the 28th that you bought it.
Unbelieveable!

Mark
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

TYLER, HE SHOULD NOT SLEEP AT NIGHT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SNEAK YOUR WAY IN AND BUY A SLED THATS ALREADY SOLD!!!!!!!!! HEY VELOCITY, I GOT TO TELL YA ASSHOLES LIKE YOU AND PIECE OF CRAP WHO SOLD YA THAT SLED ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER. TELL ME MAYBE A MOUSE IS STUCK IN THE DRIVELINE OR MAYBE THEY ATE YOUR CDI BOX FOR LUNCH. SEE EVERYBODY MARK XX 800 ALREADY BOUGHT THIS SLED. MATTER OF FACT, HE SENT A DEPOSIT AND WAS MAKEING ARRANGEMENTS TO PICK IT UP. HE THAN GOT A CALL FROM THE SCUM BAG OWNER WHO TOLD MARK MICE TOTALLY DESTROYED THIS SLED AND HE CAN NOT SELL IT. KNOW AND BEHOLD, IT ENDS UP HERE LOOKING AS GOOD AS NEW. IN MY 35 YEARS OF BEIING AROUND SLEDS, BUYING AND SELLING COMES WITH THE SPORT, SO DOSE HONESTY, AND A '' MANS WORD ''. THANKS FOR POSTING MR VELOCITY. 3:16 (yammie tony)
markxx800

Post by markxx800 »

Sorry, I had my dates wrong. The sled was posted on Tuesday evening the 25th at approx. 9:05pm. I called and left a message at 9:45pm.
He called me at 7:45am Wednesday the 26th. I made the deal and offered to paypal him the 250.00 deposit. He said he didn't know if his wife had paypal and to call him that evening. I did and he didn't take paypal so I got the M/O and mailed it out thursday the 27th. AND I called him to tell him the M/O had been sent and that I put a self addressed stamped envelope in there so he could mail me back a reciept.
Bottomline is we had a verbal agreement at 7:45am on the 26th.
To bad really.........would you sell your reputation for 50.00...and then Lie about it.
Oh Well,life goes on.

Mark
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

that sucks somthing like that for that price dont come along to often.
Last edited by agfirecat on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Hi Mark.. That sucks, I hope you got your deposit back !!
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
markxx800

Post by markxx800 »

Yes, the deposit came in the mail yesterday,uncashed. I called him this morning and told him I got the M/O back OK. Then told him I knew he sold the sled right out from under me. Told him I wasn't happy,that a deal is a deal where I come from and no way I'd sell my reputation for 50.00. He didn't say a word. What could he say,except he was sorry,which he couldn't bring himself to do. Too Bad,it leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth.
But if that's the worse thing that ever happens in my life I won't complain.

Mark
velocity

Post by velocity »

markxx800 wrote:Sorry, I had my dates wrong. The sled was posted on Tuesday evening the 25th at approx. 9:05pm. I called and left a message at 9:45pm.
He called me at 7:45am Wednesday the 26th. I made the deal and offered to paypal him the 250.00 deposit. He said he didn't know if his wife had paypal and to call him that evening. I did and he didn't take paypal so I got the M/O and mailed it out thursday the 27th. AND I called him to tell him the M/O had been sent and that I put a self addressed stamped envelope in there so he could mail me back a reciept.
Bottomline is we had a verbal agreement at 7:45am on the 26th.
To bad really.........would you sell your reputation for 50.00...and then Lie about it.
Oh Well,life goes on.

Mark
First off, I do not appreciate being called an Asshole. I have known Chuck for years and he will tell you that I am an upfront responsible individual who has a passion for these sleds. I saw the add, and called the man as soon as I saw it. He said that the sled was available and that he had ppl coming on the weekend to look at it. I said if it's still available and not spoken for, that I would come up with my truck, with cash and would take it. He only lived 10 miles from my house. I went as stated, bought the sled, and took it home. How have I done anything wrong? He never disclosed to me that he had a deposit on it!! I think your real problem is with the seller and not with me. Not that I need an apology or anything, but to be called an asshole for buying a sled for sale is a bit extreme.

I'm sorry Tyler if I posted something that would cause controversy, I just wanted to share the purchase.

Mark, I am truly sorry that you got screwed. He didn't seem like a real friendly guy. Even though it was a huge score the sled has issues in which I will be dumping quite a bit of money into it.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

yeah i think the real bad guy here is the seller...
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
markxx800

Post by markxx800 »

Velocity, I don't have a problem with you that I know of. Only way I'd be upset is if he told you he had it sold at 500.00 and you said, I'll give give your 550.00 asking price and come get it right now. Sold is sold. Twice this year I had promised sleds to friends and then had others offer me more money for the same sleds. I checked with my friends to be sure they still wanted the sleds. They told me yes and I didn't sell the sleds for more money to the other guys.
Like I said a deal is a deal.
Bottomline is the guy that sold you the sled isn't honest. He made a deal with me then made me jump though hoops as far as the deposit and picking the sled up. I kept him completely informed to make him comfortable that I wasn't a Bullsh#ter. If I say I'm going to do something I do it.
Anyhow,this is all water under the bridge. I'm not P#ssed at you ,or him ether any more for that matter. I'll find a nice 87 Vmax,it's just a matter of time
Enjoy your new Sled!

Mark
velocity

Post by velocity »

markxx800 wrote:Velocity, I don't have a problem with you that I know of. Only way I'd be upset is if he told you he had it sold at 500.00 and you said, I'll give give your 550.00 asking price and come get it right now. Sold is sold. Twice this year I had promised sleds to friends and then had others offer me more money for the same sleds. I checked with my friends to be sure they still wanted the sleds. They told me yes and I didn't sell the sleds for more money to the other guys.
Like I said a deal is a deal.
Bottomline is the guy that sold you the sled isn't honest. He made a deal with me then made me jump though hoops as far as the deposit and picking the sled up. I kept him completely informed to make him comfortable that I wasn't a Bullsh#ter. If I say I'm going to do something I do it.
Anyhow,this is all water under the bridge. I'm not P#ssed at you ,or him ether any more for that matter. I'll find a nice 87 Vmax,it's just a matter of time
Enjoy your new Sled!

Thanks Mark,

I think it was the other person that called me that name. Like I said, the guy wasn't too friendly; maybe he needed the $$ asap or something. He never disclosed that a deal had been made. I have held sleds for ppl in the past on their word, and have lost a couple of sales because of it but that's who i am. I do need to tell you that even though I had no clue of the deal, I do feel bad about this. I have been wanting an 87 for the longest time myself. It's almost bittersweet now. .. I do feel horrible.

Mark
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

look if you guys are feeling so bad about yourselves you can just give me the sled.. that way neither of you have to worr about it!!! :D hell i might even think about trading my '84 for it... then again i'de probably just keep them both hahahaha

markxx800

Post by markxx800 »

Don't lose a minutes sleep over this. Like I said,if this is the worse thing that ever happens to me I won't complain a minute. I should have thought about it and even slept on it before even posting here. But you can imagine my disappointment when I saw your post with a date of Noon on friday. And knowing that the guy sold me out.
NO ONE has been more blessed with finding nice vintage Yamahas than me. I count my Blessing everday!
You had nothing to do with this mess.
hopefully someday I'll get to see your sled,it looks beautiful!
Enjoy it, it's time for all of us to move on.

Mark