A Huge Score

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
velocity

Post by velocity »

markxx800 wrote:Don't lose a minutes sleep over this. Like I said,if this is the worse thing that ever happens to me I won't complain a minute. I should have thought about it and even slept on it before even posting here. But you can imagine my disappointment when I saw your post with a date of Noon on friday. And knowing that the guy sold me out.
NO ONE has been more blessed with finding nice vintage Yamahas than me. I count my Blessing everday!
You had nothing to do with this mess.
hopefully someday I'll get to see your sled,it looks beautiful!
Enjoy it, it's time for all of us to move on.

Mark
Thanks Mark,

I have never stumbled upon a find like this in my life. I just hate when ppl do stuff like that. Just to let you know some facts that you aren't aware of. There is more to the story on this sled than what I first posted now that I have dug into it....Now I'm not complaining because it is still a nice sled but.. the seat was total junk, I had to buy a used seat from Al's just for the foam as the seat was butchered in the back. It looked like they tried to repair it and messed it all up. All the mounting harward for the seat was broken. I just spent $350.00 in having the seat re-worked. The pipes are not original paint, they were re-pained at some point. The side panels were also repainted as I could see where the decals were covered. The rear bumper was junk. Yes the track is good but the suspension is pretty rusty and frozen; it was sitting outside for a while. I did get it running and the head gasket is junk as well as all of the gas lines but I knew I had to replace them anyway. The ski's have been replaced somewhere along the way. I know this isn't big stuff but the more I dig into it the more I question it's history, plus now I question the hoesty/integrity of the seller. I will work through all of the issues and bring it back to where it belongs.

I will post pics along the way.

I do feel better about this. I got on the site this am and I was like :shock: :shock: :o
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

i agree my post wasnt directed at the buyer but the seller. lesson learned
Last edited by agfirecat on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Yes, i know both buyers and both are stand up guys with a passion for this sport in which we share. Mark, I can not believe Velocity would ever do such an under handed buy if he would of known the circumstances or you. I'm glad you both are moving on and I'll bet you two will meet at a vintage show one day and would be happy to see such a fine example in either hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
velocity

Post by velocity »

Vmax540 wrote:Yes, i know both buyers and both are stand up guys with a passion for this sport in which we share. Mark, I can not believe Velocity would ever do such an under handed buy if he would of known the circumstances or you. I'm glad you both are moving on and I'll bet you two will meet at a vintage show one day and would be happy to see such a fine example in either hands.
Hi Chuck, it's all good now. I still feel bad that Mark got screwed like that. That seller was suppose to send me the cert. of origin, brochure, and other things that were advertised but he never sent them or got back to me. Speaks to his charactor. If I knew he had a deal pending I would have left him my number to have him call me if it didn't go through but he said he had ppl coming to look at it the following weekend but that was it. I grabbed my $550.00 and took a ride up the road. I didn't even dicker in price, $550.00 was what was advertised and $550.00 was what I offered. I gues $50.00 meant more to him that charactor.

I will send you the vin#'s for both of my machines. I finally got the 86 back together this past weekend. For being dry for 12 years she started on the 8th pull!! Took it on the grass and she wheelied nicely!!! Now I have to put the hood and panels back on and it will be complete!!!! After 12 years my wife can't even beleive it. I will send you pics of the finished product once it's complete.

Take Care!!