1982 SRX 500

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
vmax-540

1982 SRX 500

Post by vmax-540 »

I think that this is the best website for vintage VMAX's & SRX's with that said ,the question I have ,is ,I wish someone would send in some pictures of the 82 SRX 500 and maybe do an article about the differences between this sled and the 81& 83s , like the pipes , carbs and tune up specs, & maybe the performance difference between it and the other two. We need to bring this mysterious sled out of the closet. No other sled has ever been so mysterious.

:?: :) Image
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

thanks for leaving feedback.... i have some stuff somewhere about the 82 but to tell you the truth im not quit sure where it is or what it is... its not easy to find stuff on them.... ill put it at the top of my list since you asked
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Nye Racing #13

Vintage V-max site

Post by Nye Racing #13 »

:mrgreen: Hi tyler got the yam's ready? I just fired up my 84 Vmax Maximum Overdrive today!! I just restuded it with new Ice picks, I can't wait for the 2006 Radar runs to start 8) 8) Image
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i wish.... got any 540 engine parts for sale? ie crank bearings or cyc's? i had a bit of and issue with leaking antifreeze... and now i have a mess... i dont see any snow worth getting excited about here tho... chuck did manage to ride a little on friday but the snow has since melted....
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
82SRX500

Post by 82SRX500 »

tyler440 wrote:thanks for leaving feedback.... i have some stuff somewhere about the 82 but to tell you the truth im not quit sure where it is or what it is... its not easy to find stuff on them.... ill put it at the top of my list since you asked
Tyler440. I emailed Chuck a whole bunch of stuff on the 82 SRX 500. This is Jon Bertolino, the guy who owns four of them and wrote the article in Snowmobile Magazine about the 17 year quest to find the 82 SRX 500. If you need me to write and article about the history, the problems and the rarity I can do that. I also have boatloads of really cool pictures of the 82 SRX 500.

Jon Bertolino
Specializing in 1981 and 1982 SRX 440's and 500's. Also collecting Tim Bender Related Snowmobiles and Memorabilia
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

yes if you could send them to me that would be great! my email address is tylerochsAThotmailDOTcom

vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Jon . I really hope you do write an article on these sleds . It is a sled that alot of people are interested in and can't find any real information on.If you could tell how it compares to the 81 & later Vmaxes in would be great .Like the improvements & the flaws. What were the differences between these other sleds, and how they performed? Also the more pictures the better. Maybe it is time for this information to come out and be seen.
83_vmx540_3.jpg[/img][/url]
:idea:
8R9SRX

82 srx

Post by 8R9SRX »

when can we expect for this to be done....
BradSRX

82 V-Max 500

Post by BradSRX »

I think WE would ALL love to see some pictures of the 82 and know more about it. I have never seen one up close. I keep getting side tracked from completing my 87 V-Max's suspension. All I need to do is installl the new bearings and slides. I also have a new 1" track to install. Then move on to my 86, which I need to rebuild the engine. Brad
SLEDS: 06 Apex GT, 99 SRX 700, (1) 87 V-Max, (1) 85 V-Max 540, (1) 84 V-Max 540, (2) 83 V-Max 540, (1) 78 SRX 440, (1) 74 GPX 433, 81 Kawasaki Intruder 440, 83 Ski-Doo Citation SS, 74 Sno-Jet Sabre-Jet 440, 72 Polaris Colt 175, 69 SL-351

Post by Guest »

Guys,

I have been meaning to put the data down on paper for some time. Maybe I can get this data compiled this weekend. I have lots of cool photos of my sleds and some cool ones from a guy who owned several when he lived in AK and worked for Yamaha.

Let me see what I can do and I will get the info to Tyler.

Jon
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

in the meantime i did post some new pictures of the 83, 84, and 88... i was starting to scan the 82 pics and it crashed my computer.... maybe if none of my friends bug me for awhile tonight(not likely) ill get them scanned otherwise ill get them asap

tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i got new pictures of the 82 srx in the models section... thanks to Jon Bertolino...
ready, set, go!

i have new 81 pics up too, also thanks to Jon